Facade is complete! Cladding has been installed all around, and eaves complete with eave edging also installed.
At the back of the house, the cladding has also been installed on the first floor.
While I was there, our SS also pulled up, as she wanted to deliver a couple of bits of timber personally for the chippies so they could finish the external lockup today. Thanks to Josh & his team of carpenters for doing a great job on our house! Things are going well - now external works are pretty much complete, the weather shouldn't really hold up any further progress.
The immediate plans according to Monique;
- Data, TV and phone cabling hopefully done this week
- Plumbers back for lockup plumbing fitoff (bathtub connections etc) and to fix the ensuite showerhead which shold be on the ceiling, not on the wall
- Painter to start work on painting the eaves & cladding Thursday
- Scaffolding to come down next Tuesday
- Lockup inspection by Metricon's surveyors plus Metricon's Quality Assurance inspection then to be done next week
- Plaster to be delivered next Thursday
- Our independent inspection (which we're yet to organise) tentatively booked in for next Friday.
We're not all that frantic about the handover date - as long as things are done correctly and well, we're not in a huge rush to get in - but it is nice to hear we'll be in sooner rather than later!
Someone also came in to cement in the bathtubs. You can also see some metal flashing between the floor and bath hob, part of the waterproofing process in the wet areas.
And finally, heaps more wiring in the house with the sparkies running in all the cabling for ceiling light battens, downlights, wall lights, step lights etc. It was a lucky thing I had today off, as our sparkies consulted me a few times to check I was happy with downlight and powerpoint positioning. Because the heating ducts are installed first, downlights often aren't located exactly where they're drawn in the electrical plan. Only two sparkies did all the wiring, the boss & his apprentice, and he'd been working for Metricon (and not any other builders) for more than 20 years! Thanks Rob & Rod!
So external lockup is pretty much done, and internal lockup about 90% done. Good progress!