Of course, some things change at the appointment; I wanted a facade light on the garage, but there's a downpipe right where the light would go, not a big deal. I wanted M to quote on conduit in the home theatre room to run my own cables, but they don't offer that. I pulled out of the projector provision ($313) and just got a junction box to the roof space (to power my projector and screen) linked to a switch on the wall ($56). I'm planning to change over to Saturn dimmer LED switches in the rumpus - oooo, that's a nice light switch!
Anyway, some other results of the electrical appointment;
- 4 star gas heating with one zone, $1200 upgrade
- Antenna $360
- 20 downlights
- 4 dimmers ($82ea)
- 3 steplights on stairs
- 3 external junction boxes for future floodlights ($56 ea)
- Upgraded all light switches, powerpoints, data, TV points to Clipsal Slimline - a very modern looking design! ($13 ea)
- 3 external double powerpoints ($102 ea)
- 2 fluoro lights to garage
- 26 more double power points
- 9 Cat6 data cable runs ($146ea!)
- 7 TV points with amplifier
- Provision for futre evaporative cooling
And just when things were going well - we received approval from both council and Yarra Valley Water to build eaves over the easement - M now want us to prove there's no pipes in the easement, or we're going to pay bigtime for a huge slab upgrade. Got plans of YVW and council (stormwater) pipes and emailed them to our CSC, so hopefully that gets us in the clear!